Welcome to Year 6
Last update: 9/10/17
The class web page is a great place to come to for information about what is going on in class. It also explains what things you need to be doing, both at home and at school to get the best out of your time in Year 6.
The page is updated each week with new homework sheets, spellings etc. You can also find the IPC Topic homework tasks, photos of things we've done and reminders - such as letters and important dates.
Keep checking back regularly and any questions please see one of the Year 6 team. Here's to a great year!
6L: Mrs Lee - Class Teacher 6A: Mrs Ayers - Class Teacher
Mrs Gledhill - Teaching Assistant Mrs Prendergast - Teaching Assistant
Key Information about Class Routines:
- School starts at 8.50am and children should enter school via the door in the Year 6 quad area.
- Year 6 will have PE on Fridays and should ensure they have their PE kit with them.
- Reading books will be changed when children have completed a quiz, any lost books will incur a £5 charge.
- Home work will be sent out each Monday for completion by the following Monday & a spelling test will be completed on a Monday afternoon.
Key Dates for Year 6:
- Harvest Festival Tuesday 17 October 2:45pm.
- 'Big Me' Day: Friday 20 October 2017
- French afternoon: 2nd November 2017
- Anti-bullying talk - 14th November 2017
- SATS week: 14th - 17th May 2018
- Whitby residential: 18-20th July 2018
Current Topic: Being Human
Start date: 19/09/17
This term we will be learning about the different parts of the body during our 'Being Human' topic. This will follow on from Brainwave, where we learnt about the brain, and we will be learning about the other organs in the human body.
In maths this half term we are working on place value and the 4 number operations. Please keep practising times tables at home!
In Literacy this half term we will be working on developing our punctuation and grammar. We will look at a variety of genres and be studying The Highwayman.
Previous Topic: Brainwave
Start Date: 1/9/17
This terms topic is Brainwave.
We have now finished the topic 'Brainwave' and have learnt about how the brain functions and the different ways that people learn.