Welcome to Year 6
Last update: 27/4/18
The class web page is a great place to come to for information about what is going on in class. It also explains what things you need to be doing, both at home and at school to get the best out of your time in Year 6.
The page is updated each week with new homework sheets, spellings etc. You can also find the IPC Topic homework tasks, photos of things we've done and reminders - such as letters and important dates.
Keep checking back regularly and any questions please see one of the Year 6 team. Here's to a great year!
6L: Mrs Lee - Class Teacher 6A: Mrs Ayers - Class Teacher
Mrs Gledhill - Teaching Assistant Mrs Prendergast - Teaching Assistant
Key Information about Class Routines:
- School starts at 8.50am and children should gather in the playground and line up at the sound of the school bell.
- Year 6 will have PE on Fridays and should ensure they have their PE kit with them.
- Reading books will be changed when children have completed a quiz, any lost books will incur a £5 charge.
- Homework will be sent out each week and should be handed in the following week. Spellings and multiplication tables will be tested on a weekly basis.
Key Dates for Year 6:
- SATS week: 14th - 17th May 2018
- Whitby residential: 18-20th July 2018
Current Topic: Bake It!
Start date: January 2017
This term we will be learning about the science behind baking. We will conduct experiments with yeast and conclude to topic with our very own 'Bake Off'!
In maths this half term we are working on place value and the 4 number operations. Please keep practising times tables at home!
In Literacy this half term we will be working on developing our punctuation and grammar. We will look at a variety of genres and be studying 'Room 13'.
Previous Topics: Brainwave,Being Human and Extreme Survivors.
This terms topic is 'Bake It!'
We have now finished the topic 'Brainwave' and have learnt about how the brain functions and the different ways that people learn. We have also learnt about the different functions of the human body in the topic 'Being Human' and how animals adapt to their environment in 'Extreme Survivors'.