Welcome to Year 5
Last update: (17.9.17)
The class web page is a great place to come to for information about what is going on in class. It also explains what things you need to be doing, both at home and at school to get the best out of your time in Year 5.
The page is updated each week with new homework sheets, spellings etc. You can also find the IPC Topic homework tasks, photos of things we've done and reminders - such as letters and important dates.
Keep checking back regularly and any questions please see one of the Year 5 team. Here's to a great year!
5W: Mrs Wooler - Class Teacher 5M: Miss McKay - Class Teacher
Mrs Catton - Teaching Assistant Mrs Wilde - Teaching Assistant
Key Information about Class Routines:
- School starts at 8.50am and children should enter school via the classroom door at the rear of the school.
- Year 5 will have PE on Wednesdays and Mondays and should ensure they have their PE kit with them.
- Library books will be changed regularly, any lost library books will incur a £5 charge.
- Home work will be sent out each Monday for completion by the following Monday & a spelling test will be completed on Tuesday mornings
Key Dates for Year 5:
- Monday 2nd October Parents Evening
- Wednesday 4th October Parents Evening
- Wednesday 11th E-Safety Talk for parents
- Tuesday 17th October Harvest Festival Performance assembly 2.45pm
- Friday 20th October Future Aspirations Big Me Day.
- Thursday 2nd November French Afternoon
- Wednesday 15th November Individual photographs
- Wednesday 22nd November Pantomime Cinderella
- Tuesday 12th December Anti-Bullying work
Current Topic: (Space Explorers)
Start date: (18/09/17)
This term we will be able to understand our planet and the solar system.
In Numeracy we will be covering subtraction, multiplication, addition and division through place value, fractions and decimals.
In Literacy we will be covering instructional writing, story writing, dilemmas, descriptions, newspaper articles, podcasts, factfiles, interviews, poetry and stories.
Previous Topic: ('Brain Wave')
Start Date: (4/9/17)
We will understand how our brain works and how to create a positive learning environment
We have now finished topic 'Brain Wave' the children now understand the different functions of the brain and how they works. We have also had a discussion about the type of learner the children aspire to be in Year 5.