Welcome to Year 3
Last update: 5th February 2018
Lots of parents came to see our work on Material World.
The class web page is a great place to come to for information about what is going on in class. It also explains what things you need to be doing, both at home and at school to get the best out of your time in Year 3.
The page is updated each week with new homework sheets, spellings etc. You can also find the IPC Topic homework tasks, photos of things we've done and reminders - such as letters and important dates.
Keep checking back regularly and any questions please see one of the Year 3 team. Here's to a great year!
3L: Mrs Lloyd - Class Teacher 3B: Mrs Bojczuk - Class Teacher
Miss Womersleyn - Teaching Assistant Mrs Ward - Teaching Assistant
Miss Richardson - Learning Support Mrs Krasnicki - Learning Support
Key Information about Class Routines:
- School starts at 8.50am and children meet in the playground at the rear of the school.
- Year 3 will have PE on Mondays and should ensure they come to school in their blue PE uniform (plain white t-shirt, navy blue jogging bottoms and sweat shirt, and trainers.
- Library books will be changed as children complete quizzes, any lost library books will incur a £5 charge.
- Homework record sheets, and handwriting and spelling sheets will be sent out each Monday for completion by the following Monday & a spelling test will be completed on Monday mornings.
Key Dates for Year 3:
- Year 3's visit to the Runway Visitor's Centre is booked for Thursday 10th May 2018. Thank you to all those who have paid either in full or for the deposit, which has been paid.
Current Topic: Material World
Start date: December 2017
TWe have now started our new topic Material World. We will be learning about properties of materials which explain why certain materials are used for different things.
In maths this half term we are :working with fractions, knowing how to find fractions of an amount, adding and subtracting vertically with tricky columns; making sure we know our shapes; learning how to draw and interpret different types of charts. Please keep practising times tables and maths passports at home!
In Literacy this half term we will be working on developing our spelling, punctuation and grammar. We will look at a variety of genres including Adventure stories and writing up of investigations.
Scavengers and settlers.
In this topic we found out about our earliest ancestors. We also learnt about how people changed over time, where they lived, what they ate and how they survived. We found out a lot of changes took place between 10,000 and 5,000 years ago. Since then things have changed more and faster. We learned about Otzi the Iceman and thought about how he came to die where he did. This was a topic we all really enjoyed.
In this topic we learnt about our brain, how we learn in school and what our own learning style is. We also learnt about how to keep our brains healthy.