Welcome to Year 3
Last update: 2nd July 2018
blue kits on Monday ONLY please.
Key Dates for Year 3:
The class web page is a great place to come to for information about what is going on in class. It also explains what things you need to be doing, both at home and at school to get the best out of your time in Year 3.
The page is updated with new homework sheets, spellings etc. You can also find the IPC Topic homework tasks, photos of things we've done and reminders - such as letters and important dates.
Keep checking back regularly and any questions please see one of the Year 3 team. Here's to a great year!
3L: Mrs Lloyd - Class Teacher 3B: Mrs Bojczuk - Class Teacher
Miss Womersley - Teaching Assistant Mrs Ward - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Barron and Miss Mistry - Learning Support Mrs Krasnicki - Learning Support
Key Information about Class Routines:
- School starts at 8.50am and children meet in the playground at the rear of the school.
- Year 3 will have PE on Mondays and should ensure they come to school in their blue PE uniform (plain white t-shirt, navy blue jogging bottoms and sweat shirt, and trainers.
- Library books will be changed as children complete quizzes, any lost library books will incur a £3 charge.
- Homework record sheets, and handwriting and spelling sheets will be sent out each Monday for completion by the following Monday & a spelling test will be completed on Monday mornings.
Key Dates for Year 3:
- Weds 4th July Transition morning - meet the new teacher.
- Weds 11th July - sports morning with Years 1 and 2
Current Topic: Gateways to the World
Start date: May 2018
We have now started our new topic Gateway to the world. We will be learning about how we holiday now and holidayed in the past. We will also visit Manchester Airport visitor's centre.
In maths this half term will be making sure we remember everything we have done this year, and filling any gaps in their knowledge. Please keep practising times tables at home!
In Literacy this half term we will be working on developing our spelling, punctuation and grammar. We will look at writing recounts and newspaper reports.
We learnt about how the planet is constructed, what happens ini an earthquake or a volcano, as well as the effects of these on people who live near them.
We found out about properties of different materials, including conductivity, magnetism and strength. We also found out that different materials come from all over the world. We did many science experiments to test the materials. We also found out how gears and cogs worked.
Scavengers and settlers.
In this topic we found out about our earliest ancestors. We also learnt about how people changed over time, where they lived, what they ate and how they survived. We found out a lot of changes took place between 10,000 and 5,000 years ago. Since then things have changed more and faster. We learned about Otzi the Iceman and thought about how he came to die where he did. This was a topic we all really enjoyed.
In this topic we learnt about our brain, how we learn in school and what our own learning style is. We also learnt about how to keep our brains healthy.