Welcome to Year 3
Last update: 16th October 2017
The class web page is a great place to come to for information about what is going on in class. It also explains what things you need to be doing, both at home and at school to get the best out of your time in Year 3.
The page is updated each week with new homework sheets, spellings etc. You can also find the IPC Topic homework tasks, photos of things we've done and reminders - such as letters and important dates.
Keep checking back regularly and any questions please see one of the Year 3 team. Here's to a great year!
3L: Mrs Lloyd - Class Teacher 3B: Mrs Bojczuk - Class Teacher
Mr Khan - Teaching Assistant Mrs Ward - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Womersley - Learning Support Miss Coates - Learning Support
Key Information about Class Routines:
- School starts at 8.50am and children meet in the playground at the rear of the school.
- Year 3 will have PE on Mondays and should ensure they come to school in their blue PE uniform (plain white t-shirt, navy blue jogging bottoms and sweat shirt, and trainers.
- Library books will be changed as children complete quizzes, any lost library books will incur a £5 charge.
- Homework record sheets, and handwriting and spelling sheets will be sent out each Monday for completion by the following Monday & a spelling test will be completed on Monday mornings.
Key Dates for Year 3:
- Harvest assembly - Tuesday 17th Oct. 9:00am
- Big Me Day -Friday 20th October. Children think about, and come dressed in the clothing of, the occupation they want to be when they are older. See letter sent out last week.
- Year 3's visit to the Runway Visitor's Centre is booked for Thursday 10th May 2018. We will be sending out a letter in the next few days. We will need the deposit ASAP in order for the visit to go ahead. Thank you.
Current Topic: Scavengers and Settlers.
Start date: September 2017
This week we will be starting our next topic, Scavengers and Settlers, all about our ancient ancestors.
In this topic we find out what the earliest human ancestors looked like and how they lived. We look at evidence of how people in the stone and bronze ages lived as well as thinking about factors which helped people decide where to live. There is a lot of history in this topic, but we start by going'hunting'. We will also be looking at our own family trees.
In maths this half term we are :working with fractions, knowing how to find fractions of an amount, adding and subtracting vertically with tricky columns; making sure we know our shapes; learning how to draw and interpret different types of charts. Please keep practising times tables and maths passports at home!
In Literacy this half term we will be working on developing our spelling, punctuation and grammar. We will look at a variety of genres including Traditional tales, instructions and poetry.
In this topic we learnt about our brain, how we learn in school and what our own learning style is. We also learnt about how to keep our brains healthy.