Welcome to Year 3
Last update: 22nd April 2018
After Easter blue kits on Monday ONLY please.
Key Dates for Year 3:
- Year 3 Pedestrian Training - Tues 1st May, Tues 8th May, Mon 21st May - Letters sent..
- Year 3's visit to the Runway Visitor's Centre is booked for Thursday 10th May 2018. Thank you to all those who have paid either in full.
All of 3L enjoyed celebrating World Book Day, even if it was a bit late. Look in the gallery to see all of us dressed up.
The class web page is a great place to come to for information about what is going on in class. It also explains what things you need to be doing, both at home and at school to get the best out of your time in Year 3.
The page is updated with new homework sheets, spellings etc. You can also find the IPC Topic homework tasks, photos of things we've done and reminders - such as letters and important dates.
Keep checking back regularly and any questions please see one of the Year 3 team. Here's to a great year!
3L: Mrs Lloyd - Class Teacher 3B: Mrs Bojczuk - Class Teacher
Miss Womersley - Teaching Assistant Mrs Ward - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Barron and Miss Mistry - Learning Support Mrs Krasnicki - Learning Support
Key Information about Class Routines:
- School starts at 8.50am and children meet in the playground at the rear of the school.
- Year 3 will have PE on Mondays and should ensure they come to school in their blue PE uniform (plain white t-shirt, navy blue jogging bottoms and sweat shirt, and trainers.
- Library books will be changed as children complete quizzes, any lost library books will incur a £5 charge.
- Homework record sheets, and handwriting and spelling sheets will be sent out each Monday for completion by the following Monday & a spelling test will be completed on Monday mornings.
Key Dates for Year 3:
- Year 3 Pedestrian Training - Tues 1st May, Tues 8th May, Mon 21st May - More details after the holday.
- Year 3's visit to the Runway Visitor's Centre is booked for Thursday 10th May 2018.
Current Topic: Active Planet
Start date: January 2018
We have now started our new topic Active Planet. We will be learning about volcanoes and earthquakes and their effects, how the planet is structured, myths and legends surrounding volcanoes and earthquakes, Pompeii and Herculaneum and what happened when Vesuvius erupted.
In maths this half term we are :learning about negative numbers, solving word problems using multiplication and division, drawing circles using compasses, recognising right angles as 90°, turning through and measuring angles as well as recapping time and shape knowledge. Please keep practising times tables and maths passports at home!
In Literacy this half term we will be working on developing our spelling, punctuation and grammar. We will look at fables and writing recounts and reports.
We found out about properties of different materials, including conductivity, magnetism and strength. We also found out that different materials come from all over the world. We did many science experiments to test the materials. We also found out how gears and cogs worked.
Scavengers and settlers.
In this topic we found out about our earliest ancestors. We also learnt about how people changed over time, where they lived, what they ate and how they survived. We found out a lot of changes took place between 10,000 and 5,000 years ago. Since then things have changed more and faster. We learned about Otzi the Iceman and thought about how he came to die where he did. This was a topic we all really enjoyed.
In this topic we learnt about our brain, how we learn in school and what our own learning style is. We also learnt about how to keep our brains healthy.